BIOLOGY 470: HISTORY & PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE RESOURCES
INSTRUCTOR: DR. MICHAEL KUNZ
The resources for Biol 470 posted here link you to a variety of websites that relate to the history and philosophy of science.
PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE & GENERAL REFERENCES
- Understanding Science: how science really works - a website hosted by UC Berkeley that discusses what science is and how it works.
- Stanford Philosophy of Science Encyclopedia
- PhilosophyTalk contains podcasts and links to many topics dealt with in this class
- Closer To Truth has archived videos of debates among leading scholars on issues such as mind & brain, the big questions of science, and the universe
- Counterbalance is a website devoted to exploring alternative perspectives on a range of issues, including evolution, religion & science, cosmology, physics, ethics, genetics, mind, etc.
DEFENSES OF MAINSTREAM EVOLUTION
- Evolutionary biologist Kevin Padian's court testimonydefending evolutionary biology and against incorporating intelligent design into the classroom
- Biologos Foundation is resource that "explores, promotes and celebrates the integration of science and Christian faith." Founded by Francis Collins (former head of the Human Genome Project and current director of the National Institute of Health, Biologos sees no conflict between Christian faith and evolution as a mechanism of God's creation, but it rejects "evolutionism."
- TalkOrigins is an extensive website devoted to defending mainstream evolution and criticizing its critics
- Expelled Exposed is a site devoted to rebutting the claims of "Expelled" - a movie that argues that the evolutionary establishment is unwilling to even consider alternative critiques.
CREATIONISM AND INTELLIGENT DESIGN
SCIENCE AND FAITH
- "There is no consensus" page from How to answer a climate change skeptic from Grist, an environmental website